I'm finally catching on to my new job, almost a month after being hired by one of the prestigious Marketing & Public Relations agencies in Orange County. And although I've been feeling really overwhelmed as I learn a new corporate culture, team, agency mentality, I find myself realizing that if I focus on one day at a time, suddenly things aren't so tough.
Today I gave a presentation with our Agency Principal, Agency Director and Account Director. They trusted me to draft and present some of the PowerPoint slides. And it wasn't that scary. Yes, I obviously had a couple of butterflies since it was my first time, but I had my ducks in a row and I knew what I was doing. I would never have thought I'd be able to do that a mere 4 weeks into a new job.
Just like Seth says,
"Trust is earned, value is delivered, concepts are learned. Day by day we improve and build an asset, but none of it seems to be paying off. Until one day, quite suddenly, we become the ten-year overnight success."
No comments:
Post a Comment